Breast cancer screenings
Schedule a mammogram today
First Choice understands an important part of any woman's health is breast cancer screenings.
Getting tested regularly is the best way for women to find breast cancer early. This is when it is most treatable. A mammogram is a screening tool that is the most reliable way to find breast cancer early. Breast exams that are done by you or your doctor are also important.
When should I schedule a mammogram?
Mammograms are due for women ages 40–49 every 1 to 2 years, women 50–64 every year and every year for high risk women beginning at age 35.
Call your PCP to schedule a mammogram. You can also call First Choice Member Services at 1-888-276-2020 for help scheduling a test.
The facts about breast cancer
- Women of any age can be diagnosed with breast cancer.
- The risk of getting breast cancer increases with age.
- Most women who get breast cancer don't have family history of the disease.
- Lifestyle changes can lower your risk of getting breast cancer. Consider:
- Drinking less alcohol
- Quitting smoking
- Some medicines can help lower your risk of getting breast cancer. Talk to your doctor for more information.