Outpatient behavioral health services
Select Health provides outpatient mental health and alcohol and other drug use coverage for members.
This benefit includes services rendered by licensed independent practitioners (LIPs) as well as medical professionals (physicians, psychiatrists, and nurse practitioners). Services include the professional, outpatient, and inpatient charges associated with behavioral health.
Licensed Independent Practitioners (LIPs)
The following providers are categorized as LIPs:
- Licensed psychologist.
- Licensed psycho-educational specialists (LPESs).
- Licensed independent social worker — Clinical practice (LISW-CPs).
- Licensed marriage and family therapists (LMFTs).
- Licensed professional counselors (LPCs).
Outpatient behavioral health resources
- Behavioral health fax form (PDF)
- Outpatient behavioral health providers frequently asked questions
- Outpatient treatment form (PDF)
If the CPT code for the service you are requesting is not listed on this form, please write the Current Procedural Terminology (CPT) code in the space labeled "Other" in the "Reason for Services" section.
- Psychological / neurological testing request form (PDF)