Become a Patient-Centered Medical Home
In fulfillment of our mission to ensure superior care for the underserved, Select Health of South Carolina offers our providers the information they need to become a Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH).
For more detailed information about the PCMH model of care and the related recognition process, visit our Patient-Centered Medical Home site.
What is a patient-centered medical home?
A PCMH is a philosophy of health care delivery that encourages providers and care teams to meet patients where they are, for the simplest to the most complex conditions.
A PCMH treats the whole person in order to continuously improve their patients’ health.
A nationally recognized PCMH meets or exceeds the measures of NCQA-defined standards:
- Enhancing practice access and continuity
- Identifying and managing patient populations
- Planning and managing patient care
- Providing self-care support and community resources
- Tracking and coordinating care
- Measuring and improving performance
There are many reasons for you to consider becoming a PCMH:
- Your practice will be viewed as a model for primary care
- Meeting PCMH standards leads to lower costs and higher quality health care
- Your practice will be better positioned for value-based reimbursement programs
To learn more about the PCMH model of care and recognition, visit our Patient-Centered Medical Home site.
Become a PCMH
We are here to help you on your journey to becoming a PCMH. For more information, including forms and tools that will help you begin the PCMH transformation and recognition process, visit our Patient-Centered Medical Home site.
You can also call your account executive (PDF) with any additional questions about Select Health and the PCMH process.