St. Ann Catholic Outreach Center
St. Ann Catholic Outreach Center is a Felician mission in Kingstree, S.C. Sister Susanne Dziedzic, CSSF, and Sister Johnna Ciezobka, CSSF, use Matthew 25, "Whatever you do to the least of my sisters and brothers, you do unto Me," as their guide.
The center has been in existence since 1992, and its principles are based on Catholic values and morals. The Diocese of Charleston helps fund the center along with support from grants, the Felician Sisters, church tithes and community donations.
Several programs are available through the St. Ann Catholic Outreach Center, and most of the services are free to those who need such assistance.
Outreach Assistance Programs
- The Clothing Closet
- Blessed Mary Angela Meal is available the last Tuesday of each month from 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Area churches and groups sponsor this meal. Legal Aid assistance is available during this time, and the clothing closet is also open.
- Dental/Eye Care Assistance
- Prescription assistance
- Holiday Assistance
- Family Night involves the whole family coming out to the center for dinner, speakers, educational opportunities and fun.
- Homework Program is a structured homework assistance program with volunteer adult tutors to help students complete assignments.
Academic Incentive Program
- Students are encouraged to bring in test and homework grades with passing marks and are rewarded with free field trips with the Sisters. Trips have included going to movie theatres, bowling and Myrtle Beach activities, as well as educational trips to Huntington State Park for environmental classes.
- Arts and Crafts/Quilting
- Hands on Science Projects
- Summer Camp Scholarships
Volunteers in Mission
- College students and adult volunteers spend a week of prayer, community and service at the St. Ann Catholic Center with the Sisters. Ministries include participating in After-School Programs, minor home repairs for area families, home visits, the Clothing Closet and Blessed Angela Meals.
For further information or details about how you can help, contact Sister Susanne Dziedzic or Sister Johnna Ciezobka at 843.354.9415 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Office hours are Monday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Tuesday through Thursday from 9 a.m. to noon.