Asthma Program — Breathe Easy
First ChoiceSM by Select Health of South Carolina members with asthma can join a special program to help them manage their condition.
Call 1-888-276-2020 (TTY 1-888-765-9586), and select the options for Rapid Response/Care Management, or visit the member portal today to join the Breathe Easy asthma program.
What can the Breathe Easy asthma program do for me?
The Breathe Easy asthma program can help you:
- Understand what triggers your asthma.
- Make an asthma action plan.
- Understand your daily and rescue medications.
- Learn the early warning signs of an asthma attack.
What is asthma?1
Asthma is a long-term illness that makes the airways to your lungs narrow, swollen, or blocked. It is important to do everything you can to keep your asthma under control.
- Makes it hard for you to breathe.
- Keeps you from playing sports or doing physical activities.
- Can cause you to miss work or school.
You can control asthma if you:
- Know your triggers and how to avoid them.
- Take your daily medicine as directed by your provider.
- Use your rescue inhaler as directed by your provider.
Join the Breathe Easy asthma program today
To join the Breathe Easy asthma program, please call 1-888-276-2020 (TTY 1-888-765-9586), and select the options for Rapid Response/Care Management.
Or, you can log in to the member portal and go to Enroll in a Special Program.
If you were a part of but no longer want to be in the Breathe Easy asthma program, call 1-888-276-2020 (TTY 1-888-765-9586), and select the options for Rapid Response/Care Management. Leaving the program will not change your benefits. It will also not change the way First Choice or Healthy Connections treats you.
1. “Asthma,” National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute, December 3, 2020, https://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health-topics/asthma.