Your prescription benefits
First Choice members have access to the following prescription benefits:
- There is a maximum 31-day supply.
- Members may get an emergency supply of medicine that will cover them for 72 hours while a prior authorization request is pending. A member is permitted one temporary supply per prescription number. Inhalers, diabetic test strip and supplies, and creams or lotions are exceptions to the supply limit because of how they are packaged. For those medicines, the member may receive the smallest package size available.
- Generic medicines and supplies will be provided when available.
- Members may get a supply of certain medicines, that lasts 90 calendar days, to treat asthma, hypertension, diabetes, and high cholesterol.
- There is small co-payment for most adults 19 and older. Please see our copayment reference guide for details.
Use the following pages to learn more about your prescription benefits:
Call Member Services at 1-888-276-2020 for more information about your prescription benefits.
Don't wait until you run out. Set up refill reminders in the member portal to help you stay on schedule.