Rehabilitative behavioral health services
First Choice now has a network of mental health providers who work directly with us to make sure you have access to the care you need.
Rehabilitative behavioral health services (RBHS) include behavior modification, psychosocial rehabilitative services, and family support services. These services help to support you as you manage your behavioral health care. These services are important because they reduce the effects of mental health symptoms, and help to improve your ability to manage day-to-day responsibilities. Below is a list of services that are available to you as you and your provider plan your care:
- Behavioral health screening.
- Diagnostic assessment services.
- Psychological evaluation and testing.
- Individual psychotherapy.
- Group psychotherapy.
- Family psychotherapy.
- School-based Mental Health Services.
- Service plan development.
- Crisis management.
- Medication management.
- Psychosocial rehabilitation services.
- Behavior modification.
- Family support.
- Peer support services (DMH and DAODAS providers only).
- Substance use disorder treatment services (DAODAS providers only).
Your provider can help determine if a rehabilitative behavioral health service needs prior authorization by calling First Choice. If prior authorization is needed, your provider will handle the process for you. There are no copayments for rehabilitative behavioral health services.
For more information or if you want help from a care manager, please call Member Services at 1‑888‑276‑2020. You may also get a call from a First Choice care manager to offer help in getting the services that may be helpful to you.