As of January 1, 2019, First Choice by Select Health of South Carolina is not adding any new members to its plan. This temporary enrollment hold will help us focus on our current members to ensure they are getting the highest quality care.
Are there exceptions?
- If you are pregnant and on First Choice when your baby is born, your baby will automatically be on First Choice, too.
- If you were on First Choice and lost Medicaid eligibility, but come back on Medicaid, you will automatically come back onto First Choice when you regain eligibility.
- If you are a new or existing member in foster care, First Choice will continue to serve you.
What happens if I decide to change to another health plan?
- If you choose to change to another health plan, you will not be able to change back to First Choice during the closed enrollment period.
How long will the closed enrollment period last?
- The closed enrollment period is temporary. We will be accepting members again in the future. New members may transfer into First Choice if their annual enrollment anniversary date falls after the temporary enrollment hold is lifted.
If you are a current First Choice member and have any questions, please call First Choice Member Services at 1-888-276-2020.
If you are not a current First Choice member or if you are interested in learning about other Medicaid managed care plans, please call South Carolina Healthy Connections at 1-877-552-4642.