Annual Eligibility Review
Once a year, the South Carolina Department of Health and Human Services (Healthy Connections) may mail you an Annual Review Form to determine if you are still eligible for Medicaid. When you get your Annual Review Form, it’s time to take action! There is a limited time to complete and return your form to Healthy Connections. If you do not return it on time, you and/or your children are at risk of losing Healthy Connections coverage.
To make sure you get your form, it’s important that Healthy Connections has your current address and contact information. Please visit the Healthy Connections online portal today to update your information to prevent a gap in coverage.
For the latest information about annual reviews, please visit Healthy Connections.
Respond quickly to keep your benefits!
- If you return your Annual Review Form on time and you are still eligible for Healthy Connections, you can continue your First Choice plan benefits without interruption.
- If you return your completed form late, you may regain Healthy Connections coverage if you are still eligible, but you may be placed on another health plan. You can choose to come back to First Choice if that happens.
You are important to us! We want to help you get and stay healthy and continue enjoying your First Choice extra benefits.
Watch this video to learn about your eligibility annual review process.
Already on a Medicaid plan — switch to First Choice
If you are already a member of another Healthy Connections health plan, you may be able to switch to First Choice. You can change your health plan once within 60 days following re-enrollment. Learn more from Healthy Connections Choices.
(Note: Your health plan choice does not affect your Healthy Connections eligibility.)
Questions? Need help with the form?
- Call First Choice Member Services at 1-888-276-2020 (TTY 1-888-765-9586). We can help answer your questions and help you fill out the form. We can also send you a replacement form.
- You can also call the Healthy Connections Member Contact Center at 1-888-549-0820.
- Review our step-by-step guide.
- There are also instructions on page 1 of your Annual Review Form (PDF).
We now send reminders by text and through the FCSH Mobile app to First Choice members when it is time for your eligibility annual review! We also send a reminder in the mail and call members when the time for your annual review is getting close.
*Messaging and data fees may apply.