Rehabilitative Behavioral Health Services (RBHS)
Rehabilitative behavioral health services (RBHS) became a covered benefit under the Select Health plan effective July 1, 2016.
RBHS includes the following categories:
- Behavior modification — system of treatment that provides members with redirection and modeling of appropriate behaviors in order to enhance function in the home and/or community.
- Psychosocial rehabilitative services — psychosocial skill-building service, not a form of psychotherapy or counseling.
- Family support services — services that enable the family or caregiver to be an engaged member of the treatment team and/or improve their ability to care for the member.
- Community integration services — targeted treatment services for adults 18 years old and older with serious and persistent mental illness.
- Therapeutic childcare — targeted treatment services for children under 6 years old who have experienced trauma, neglect, and abuse and are in need of early intervention.
This benefit also includes services rendered by state and other public agencies that previously did not participate in the Select Health provider network. These include such providers as Department of Mental Health (DMH), Department of Juvenile Justice (DJJ), and Department of Education (DOE).
Overview of RBHS
RBHS are medical or remedial services that are recommended by a physician or other licensed practitioner of the healing arts (LPHA) for maximum reduction of physical or mental disability and restoration of a member to his or her best possible functional level.
RBHS included under this benefit:
- Behavioral health screening.
- Diagnostic assessment services.
- Psychological evaluation and testing.
- Individual psychotherapy.
- Group psychotherapy.
- Family psychotherapy.
- Service plan development.
- Crisis management.
- Medication management.
- Psychosocial rehabilitation services.
- Behavior modification.
- Family support.
- Community integration services.
- Therapeutic child care center services.
- Peer support services (DMH and Department of Alcohol and Other Drug Abuse Services [DAODAS] only).
- Substance use disorder treatment services (DAODAS providers only).
- Therapeutic foster care services.
Prior authorization may be obtained by contacting the Utilization Management department at 1-866-341-8765.